I believe the contributions made by Mr Gerry Karidis to the wider community of South Australia, and more particularly to the City of Adelaide, are worthy of formal recognition. To that end it is hereby proposed that Mr Gerry Karidis be honoured as an Officer of the Order of Australia. – The Honourable John Olsen
The culmination of Gerry Karidis’ personal and professional development came in 1990 with the award of the Order of Australia for services to the property industry and the community.
- 1978 he was delighted to receive an award from the Patriarch — the leader of the Orthodox Church from the Patriarch in recognition of his continuing tireless efforts on behalf of the Greek Community.
- 1990 – Mr Gerry Karidis was awarded the Order of Australia in 1990 for services to the property industry and the community, which represents the culmination ofhis personal and professional development.
- 1993 – He received a second award from the Patriarch in recognition of his continuing tireless efforts on behalf of the Greek Community.
- 1997 the then Premier of South Australia, the Hon John Olsen, presented Mr Karidis AM with a medallion in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the building industry in South Australia. In 2000 he received a second medallion from Mr Olsen for his continuing work for the industry.
- 2000 Mr Karidis AM received a second medallion from Mr Olsen for his continuing work for the industry.
- 2005 Mr Karidis AM was awarded a Life Membership of The Society of Friends, National Centre for Hellenic Studies and Research, from La Trobe University, Victoria.
- October 2013 Mr Karidis AM, was honoured as the inaugural Property Icon by the Property Council of Australia (SA Division), in recognition of his efforts to change the face of South Australia, reinvigorating many quadrants of the city and metropolitan areas, and for making an outstanding contribution to the industry and local community over many, many years.